There are many timeless makeup looks to choose from, but whether you’re off on a girls night out or date night, the smokey eye is a classic look which always makes a statement and looks glam.
Many of us shy away from trying out a smokey eye as we think it’s too difficult or too bold to pull off, but this look is easily achievable. You don’t need to be a professional makeup artist or spend hours on your makeup to obtain a super chic look!
For any eye makeup we recommend you use soft, fluffy brushes. Our makeup brushes are vegan and cruelty free, made with the highest quality synthetic bristles which are hypoallergenic, and soft enough for sensitive eyes.
When you need to get glam super quick there’s nothing sexier than a smokey eye in evening light, this two minute smokey eye is super easy
How to Create 2 Minute Smokey Eye
- Using a kohl pencil and starting at the outer corner of the eye sketch out the area you want to add smoke to, this doesn’t have to be precise since we are going to purposefully smudge this out so use smaller stroke movements for added control
- Using your small shadow smudger brush 150 blend out your kohl so it gives a wash of perfectly blended colour over the lid
- Take a fluffy eyeshadow brush such as the 110 or E2 and an eyeshadow in a similar tone to your kohl pencil and blend over the top to build the colour to your desired look
- Repeat on the lower lash line and blend out to meet at the top for a full on smokey look with added staying power
- Ensure you use a smaller brush for under the lash line, for perfect precision the 120 Pencil Eye brush is perfect
Smokey Eye Top Tips
You don’t have to opt for black tones to create a smokey eye, for a more understated look go for neutrals or greys, you can still achieve a glam smokey look. If you’re feeling brave and want a bold wash of colour, opt for a brighter eyeshadow in your favourite colour for a totally unique look that will be sure to stand out!
Want to up the glam? Add glitter! Use your favourite highlight or glitter pigment in the corner of your eye to brighten up your look and add a touch of sparkle for those special occasions!
Want to make your look last while you’re dancing the night away? Use an eyeshadow primer as a base to ensure long lasting, perfectly blended smokey eyes then follow with a spritz with a setting spray to set your completed look.
Keep the rest of your makeup clean by using our F30 fan brush to brush away any excess shadow fallout from under your eyes!
Just add your favourite lipstick and lashes and you’re ready to go, a perfect smokey eye look in minutes!
Shop our full range of Makeup Brushes, the perfect tools to create endless makeup looks.