Glow Hard or Go Home: 7 Tips for Glowing Skin
For most of us achieving a radiant glow is the holy grail of our skin complexion battles, and no amount of high-voltage highlighter, strobing or brightly coloured blusher will give your skin that glow from within. So, I’ve come up with 7 hydration resolutions to make in 2018 and I hope you’ll stick to them with me!
7 tips for glowing skin:
1. Layer up Whilst moisturising is an essential step in anyone’s skincare routine, a thick moisturiser doesn’t necessarily mean more hydration. Immediately after cleansing, whilst the skin is slightly damp, apply a hydrating serum by pressing it into your skin followed by a light moisturiser, which will help lock it all in. Try a serum that can help boost your skin's water content like The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5. It’s Vegan and cruelty-free as well. Winning!
2. Wash Away The Day The daily commute raids the air with harmful toxins and pollution and staring at a computer all day doesn’t help either. They both contribute to the daily battle of dehydration, which means a super deep cleanse is an absolute must! Try using a facial cleansing brush to apply your hydrating cleanser, which will help penetrate the skin at a much deeper level
3. Scrub For Smoothness Dead cells are often the culprits of pores that just won’t budge. Luckily, adding an exfoliator into your routine a couple of times a week can be enough to eliminate the flaws leaving a polished look. To ensure you’re not over-scrubbing, which can cause more harm than good, try a super quick exfoliating pad instead. We love Nip+Fab’s Glycolic Fix Extreme Night Pads as they’re infused with hyaluronic acid, perfect for a hydration boost!
4. Don’t Foam With Me! As a rule – stay clear of ‘foaming’ face washes, instead swap for a cleansing balm and flannel. The more foam a foaming cleanser makes, in general, the more harsh its overall formula. They dehydrate your skin and strip the skin’s pH from healthy to alkaline – a cause of dryness and irritation
5. Glow From Within Eat foods high in water such as cucumber, berries, watermelon, cauliflower, broccoli, lettuce, spinach and celery. As well as those rich in fatty acids including avocados, fresh salmon and olive oil. Not forgetting your daily dose of H20. If you don’t enjoy plain water, why not try adding some cucumber or a slice of lemon to it instead? Top tip: slice a load of lemons, pop them in the freezer and take out when needed
6. Prime For Perfection Primers can help to fill lines and reduce discolouration, which results in smoother looking skin and a flawless base. Make sure to buy one which complements your skin type to achieve a look that lasts all day long
7. Get more Zzz's When was the last time you slept for at least 8 hours? It’s scientifically proven that getting more sleep is good for your skin. If you suffer from dark circles, puffy eyes or in general just tired dull looking skin, think about your sleep routine and try to go to bed an hour earlier (if possible!). Another little tip from us, don’t check your mobile phone at bedtime, it’ll keep you awake for longer
So there you have it. Those are my top 7 tips for hydrated, glowing skin for 2018 and beyond. Do you have any questions or comments? Just tweet me @lilyenglanduk, I'd love to hear from you!