10 Steps to Flawless Skin
Clear, radiant skin is something we have all found ourselves lusting over. A smooth base, even tone and minimal texture is the ultimate skincare goal. If the look of an airbrushed complexion is what you desire, our top ten tricks for flawless skin are exactly what you need.
Follow these 10 steps, and we’re confident you’ll be rocking perfectly flawless skin this year!
- Stay hydrated! This one seems obvious, but let’s get back to basics. Drinking 8 glasses of water a day will help to flush out toxins in your body and prevent dehydration. The result? Plumper, clearer looking skin, plus you’ll see an increase in your energy levels too!
- Clean those bristles! If you're a lover of makeup like we are, no doubt you use your makeup brushes day in day out, but are you cleaning them regularly? Give your brushes a little tender loving care and aim to clean them weekly, you won't regret it! Read our blog on how to clean your makeup brushes here.
- Always remove your make up! We’ve all been guilty of falling asleep with our makeup on. Doing this is a no go as it can clog pores, leading to spots and congested skin. So make a promise to yourself to take it off each night, or even as soon as you get in from work. Treat yourself to an oil based cleanser if you have dry skin, or some micellar water - stay away from makeup wipes, as these contain high alcohol levels which can dry out your skin.
- Cleanse and Exfoliate. Dirt and dead skin cells are often the culprits of pores that just won’t budge. Adding a gentle exfoliator into your routine a couple of times a week can be enough to eliminate these flaws, leaving a polished look.
- Hide from the rays. We all enjoy a sun-kissed look, but the sun can have some very harmful effects on your skin such as early ageing and skin pigmentation. Ensure your skincare is labeled with a built in SPF or add it beneath your foundation for lasting protection - even in winter!
- Start and end your day with a good moisturiser. A key part of your quest for flawless skin is starting and ending your day with a moisturiser. Moisturising has an endless amount of benefits for your skin, it helps your skin stay nourished, increases elasticity and softness, and creates a protective layer. Tip: Moisturise after you get out of the shower to lock moisture into your skin.
- Lips TLC. For dry and chapped lips, buff gently with a damp flannel or use a lip scrub to exfoliate dead skin away. Apply a lip balm throughout the day to hydrate and nourish your lips and look gorgeous. Follow with a tinted lip balm, moisturising lipstick or a gloss for a flawless look.
- Stop touching your face! No, really. When you touch your face, bacteria from your hands is transferred onto your skin, which can cause a build up of impurities and acne. Make sure you only touch your face with fresh, clean hands to prevent this from happening!
- Prime For Perfection When aiming for flawless skin, primer is often overlooked. Regardless of the quality of your foundation, how your skin is set before application is essential for a smooth look. Adding a primer into your make-up routine is a quick and easy way to not only achieve a flawless complexion, but one that will last all day.
- Gently does it. Facial skin, particularly under the eyes, is delicate and should be handled with care. To keep skin even, opt for gentle make-up brushes; apply treatment with your ring finger and choose products that won’t require too much pressure to be applied.
So there you have it. Perfectly flawless skin in 10 steps! Don’t forget you can browse Lily England’s range of beautiful makeup brushes, hairbrushes, and other beauty tools here.